Girl Scout Brownies begin to venture out into their communities and the wider world through fabulously fun, engaging and age-appropriate activities.
Under the framework of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, sample activities for Brownies include:
- visiting a zoo to feed—and learn how a veterinarian cares for—baby animals
- marching in a community parade
- working on Brownie Girl Scout Try-Its; decorating a T-shirt, learning a magic trick, exploring life on the prairie
- planning an overnight to celebrate their birthdays
- deciding how many cookies to sell to earn money for trips
- camping and making s'mores over a campfire
- learning to swim at summer camp
Most Brownies are very active. They are full of imagination and fantasy, enjoy “make believe” and dressing up, like to be in a group and want to be very helpful. For many, Girl Scouting is that special outlet that thrives on creativity and learning!